🔔 Do you want proven tools to negotiate for what you’re worth?
Looking for inspiration? This article shares “Quotes About Know Your Worth” and provides a list of actions that signal you know your worth.
If you want tools to help you get paid what you’re worth click here.
Quotes About Know Your Worth (78 Empowering Quotes)
Check out these empowering know your worth quotes! After reading these words of wisdom, you’ll feel motivated to get up and pursue all that you’re worth.
Knowing your worth is one of the most empowering things you can do for yourself. When you understand and own your value, you’re less likely to let others take advantage of you or to settle for less at work. You’ll also be better equipped to negotiate for what you want in life.
Scroll down to read inspiring quotes about know your worth, then share them with someone who needs to hear it today!
This content is permitted for use for non-commercial purposes only. Commercial use of this content is prohibited by PayDestiny’s Terms of Service. Prohibited use includes but is not limited to: repurposing content on social media without crediting PayDestiny, repurposing content for use in publications and online articles without crediting PayDestiny and linking back to this content, and repurposing content for use in books, courses, or applications. Unauthorized use of this content may be subject to criminal or civil penalties for violation.
Do you want to be paid what you’re worth?
PayDestiny provides you tools to maximize your base pay, sign on bonus, stock options, job perks, and more!
As Seen In
Know Your Worth Meaning
Knowing your worth means understanding your value and what you have to offer. It’s about recognizing your own strengths, talents, and accomplishments. It’s also about setting boundaries and not accepting less than you deserve.
Why you should know your worth?
When you know your worth, you’re less likely to be taken advantage of or to settle for less in life. You’re also more likely to pursue your goals and stand up for yourself. Ultimately, knowing your worth is empowering and can help you lead a happier, more fulfilled life, and abundant life.
Know your worth meaning
It’s one thing to know the meaning of “know your worth.” It’s another to embody it. If you’re not sure whether or not you truly know your worth, below are a few signs to look out for.
Signs that you know your worth include you:
- Are confident
- Are happy
- Are okay walking away from things that don’t serve you, uplift you, or align with your goals
- Ask for more money when a job offer is lower than you’re worth
- Can accept compliments
- Can say “no” when something, someone, or a situation doesn’t reflect your worth
- Don’t compare yourself to others
- Don’t let failures hold you back, define you, or diminish your worth
- Don’t let self-doubt hold you back
- Go after what you want in all aspects of your life
- Pursue goals
- Self advocate and ask for a raise when you are underpaid and/or have been overlooked
- Set boundaries
- Speak up for yourself
- Recognize the value of who you are as a person
- Recognize the value of your talents and skills
- Refuse to settle
- Think positively about yourself
Do you need a little reminder of how amazing you are? Keep reading for inspiring quotes about know your worth!
Negotiate for Your Worth
“I was terrified to negotiate my job offer. I considered a salary negotiation coach but they all charged hundreds of dollars plus a 7 – 20% commission. I wanted the money in my account not wasted in coaching fees so I decided to try PayDestiny and I’m glad I did! I wish I could tip. It almost doesn’t seem fair that one price helped me increase my job offer and perks and that I get to use it for pay raise help too. Others talk about closing the wage gap. You’re really doing it! Thank you.”
Quotes About Know Your Worth (78 Empowering Quotes)
Below are 78 know your worth quotes from anonymous authors, celebrities, motivational speakers, spiritual leaders, poets, writers, artists, and leaders. Share your favorite in the comments.
Quotes About Know Your Worth (from Celebrities)
- “You have to know what you want in life. There are so many people out there that settle because they don’t know what it is that they want. They don’t understand their worth.” ~ Beyonce Knowles
- “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.” ~ Beyonce Knowles
- “The moment you give up is the moment you let someone else win.” ~ Kobe Bryant
- “You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there’s still going to be somebody who doesn’t like peaches.” ~ Dita Von Teese
- “Don’t ever let someone tell you, you can’t do something. You got a dream, you gotta protect it. When people can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can’t do it. You want something? Go get it. Period.” ~ Will Smith
- “When you undervalue what you do, the world will undervalue who you are.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
- “You are not lesser just because you are a girl.” ~ Megan Rapinoe
- “Men are so often paid and compensated on the potential that they show, not necessarily what they’ve done. And women are so often paid on what they’ve actually done — which normally I would say, we outperform.” ~ Megan Rapinoe
- “Be who you are and say how you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind. You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself in any direction you choose.” ~ Dr. Seuss
- “Always be yourself and have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and try to duplicate it.” – Bruce Lee
- “Because you can’t expect to be treated great if you don’t first believe that you are great.”~ Jennifer Lopez
- “If something stands between you and your success, MOVE IT! Never be denied.” ~ Dwayne Johnson
- “Don’t be afraid to ask for what you want and what you deserve. Because somebody is going to make that money, and somebody is going to take that money, and it needs to be you. That has worked for me, always.” ~ Sofia Vergara
Quotes About Know Your Worth (from Motivational Speakers and Spiritual Leaders)
- “If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.” ~ Tony Gaskins
- “Know who you are. Know what you want. Know what you deserve. And don’t settle for less.” ~ Tony Gaskins
- “Love yourself. Be clear on how you want to be treated. Know your worth. Always.” ~ Maryam Hasnaa
- “You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are.” ~ Yogi Bhajan
- “When your self-worth goes up, your net worth goes up with it.” ~ Mark Victor Hansen
- “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” ~ Lao Tzu
- “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop.” ~ Rumi
- “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” ~ Howard Thurman
Quotes About Know Your Worth (from Poets, Writers, and Artists)
- “I am not lucky. You know what I am? I am smart, I am talented, I take advantage of the opportunities that come my way and I work really, really hard. Don’t call me lucky. Call me a badass.”~ Shonda Rhimes
- “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” ~ Alice Walker
- “I learned a long time ago that the wisest thing I can do is be on my side.” ~ Maya Angelou
- “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” ~ Maya Angelou
- “When you refuse to settle for less than the best…the best tends to track you down.” ~ Mandy Hale
- “Once you know your worth, no one can make you feel worthless.” ~ Rashida Rowe
- “Know your worth, hold your own power, be you.” – Morgan Harper Nichols
- “Self-love, my liege, is not so vile a sin, as self-neglecting.” ~ William Shakespeare
- Every woman that finally figured out her worth, has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change. ~ Shannon L. Alder
- You must find the courage to leave the table if respect is no longer being served. ~ Tene Edwards
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “We are what we believe we are.” ~ C.S. Lewis
Quotes About Know Your Worth (from Leaders)
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ~ Eleanor Rossevelt
- “Always stay true to yourself and never let anyone distract you from your goals.” ~ Michele Obama
- “Your most important sale is to sell yourself to yourself.” – Maxwell Maltz
- “Worth is not determined by another’s perception of who you are. Don’t allow others to minimize your value.” ~ Adriana Herrera
- “Your time is a limited resource. Value it and charge accordingly; it’s one thing on this earth you will never get back.” ~ Adriana Herrera
- “If you fail and people laugh at you, they’re not worth your time. Ignore them.” ~ Gary Vaynerchuk
- “The journey is valuable, but believing in your talents, your abilities, and your self-worth can empower you to walk down an even brighter path.” ~ Soledad O’Brien
- “We cannot think of being acceptable to others until we have first proven acceptable to ourselves.” ~ Malcolm X
- “The most important investment you can make is into yourself.”~ Warren Buffet
Do you need help being paid what you're worth?
If so, PayDestiny can help! We provide pay empowerment tools to maximize your base pay, stock options, job perks, work happiness, and more, throughout your entire career.
Questions? Leave a comment.
The bottom line is, knowing your worth is key to living a happy and successful life. You deserve to be recognized for your talents and to be paid what you’re worth. If you need help knowing your worth, PayDestiny can help!
Create your PayDestiny account today to access pay empowerment tools that help you build the skills and confidence you need to maximize your pay throughout your career.
Is there a quote about knowing your worth that spoke to you the most? I’d love to know which one. Share it in the comments below!
Want to maximize your pay?
Create your PayDestiny account to get every tool you need to successfully negotiate a job offer and to ask for a pay raise.